My NYC Must Do’s and Must Eats:
- Hire a rowboat from the Boathouse in Central Park (only like $15 and so fun!)
- Take a Staten Island Ferry trip to see the Statue of Liberty (sit on the right-hand side for the best view)
- Wander the streets of the West Village and Meatpacking district and stop off at Ino’s for a panini.
- Hang out in Williamsburg and have a drink at the Radegast Beer Hall, and have a bite to eat at La Esquina Diner (brother of the famous Las Esquina in Soho – go there too if you can get a booking!)
- Walk the Williamsburg Waterfront
- Go to the Brooklyn Flea and eat fresh strawberry icecream – life. changing.
- Duck into Beacons Closet in Brooklyn.
- Walk the Highline and then have lunch in Chelsea Market (fish tacos at Friedman’s Lunch were so good, or eat on the Highline itself behind Chelsea Market)
- Hit the shops around Soho.
- Hire a bike in Central Park.
- Go to the top of the Rockafella Centre
- Tour the Garment district.
- Have a sundowner at the rooftop of the Whythe Hotel in Brooklyn.
- Head to the Frick, Guggenheim and Moma Galleries.
- Have an Iced Coffee and bagel with creamcheese for breakfast.
- Go to Eataly from a long lunch.
- Have brunch at Penelope’s in Murray Hill.
- If you can, go check out Early Halloween – you will be bowled over.
- Hang out in the Lower East Side, have happy hour at Schillers Liquor Bar and then Tacos at Taqueria Lower East Side
Anywhere I missed? I wish I had been there for a month so I could have eaten at more places!
Images: Candice Lake shooting at Lincoln Centre (with Bill Cunningham in the background!) / Panini at Ino in the west village (to die for) / lighting at a cafe in brooklyn / Street signs in Soho / hanging out on steeps in the West Village / Leandra catches the attention of the photographers / The Statue of Liberty / Schillers Liquor Bar in the Lower East Side / Wandering Soho with Jess and Sara / Amazing fresh pretzel at the Radegast Beer Garden in Williamsburg / DIY leather collar denim shirt in Times Square / Nicole outside the Lincoln Centre / Hats at Early Halloween (the most amazing vintage and costume store ever!) / Rowing boats in Central Park / Beacons Closet in Park Slope / How to get photographed at Fashion Week!
Images: Natalie Joos being photographed by Nam and Tommy Ton / Williamsburg waterfront on a Saturday / Staten Island Ferry / Antique shop in Williamsburg / The Beckermans / Saxophone player on the Highline / Mercer Street in Soho / Button shopping / Central Park on a sunny day / Daily intake of bagels was very, very high / Aimee / Heart shaped confetti in central park / A classic American Caesar salad / Succulents in a store in Williamsburg
Images: Dani Song’s studded shoulders / Guac made on the spot in Brooklyn / Central Park / Power Posse of bloggers – Lauren & Erica, Geri & Sophie, Jenni, The Beckermans, Aimee / Addicted to New York Architecture / Bagel and iced coffee (everyday) / Brooklyn love / digging for treasures in Brooklyn / Looking down on the Lincoln Center from the Empire Hotel / The Highline / Sara hailing us a cab / The West Village