As you can probably tell I’ve recently been enjoying DIYing all things rope related, and so when Design Sponge asked me to craft something for their readers I knew it would have to be one part rope, to two parts sparkle. This DIY crystal flare necklace is what I came up with – and its ‘s much easier than it looks! Hoping this gives you a little inspiration for your upcoming weekend projects, it’s been freezing here in Hong Kong over the last week – and by that I mean a comparatively tropical 12 degree celsius (53 fahrenheit) – so what better time to flop on the couch and craft something fun?
- A piece of felt
- Jewelry plyers
- Needle and Thread
- 2 end caps
- A lobster clasp and jump rings.
2. Start pressing them onto the middle of the felt and then continue to create your design.
3. Once you have made your pattern, let it dry overnight and then cut out your pattern,
4. Make sure to cut as close to the stones as possible so the felt can’t be seen.
5. Add glue to the end caps and press them onto the ends of the rope.
8. Sew or glue your jewel clusters to the necklace, making sure they are centred.
Thanks to the lovely Design Sponge team for having me on board!