It’s NYE and what would be better than drinking this amazing cocktail on the beach somewhere? Regardless of whether it’s sand, snow or carpet between your toes, this drink is where it’s at. In fitting with my currently geolocation of Australia, before I came down under I got together with the team from my new favourite restaurant in Hong Kong Limewood (another of my boyfriend’s designs) to create another simple cocktail for you – this time the charred pineapple mojito. As delicious as it looks trust me!
- 3 pieces of charred pineapple (use a bbq or griddle to do this).
- 1 shot dark rum
- splash of lemon juice
- handful of mint
*You can add a teaspoon of brown sugar if you want it sweeter.
1. Cut up your pineapple.
2. Muddle it in a glass with some mint.
3. Add one shot go dark rum.
4. Add a table spoon of brown sugar and mix together well.
5. Add ice cubes and soda on top.
Photos by Nicola Lemmon
Make sure you check out Limewood if you ever visit Hong Kong!