The easiest (crowd pleasing) salad you’ll ever make!
My friends and I often do lunches at each other’s houses, and to make it easy we all bring a dish. I love this kind of eating, where you get to taste a bit of everyone’s cooking. My go-to dish is this cauliflower salad, it’s so easy to make and tastes delicious. I’ve taken it to a few lunches now, and people aren’t even sick of it yet, so I think that says a lot! Read on for the simple recipe.
- One large cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1/3 a cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (opt)
- handful of raisins
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds
- half a cup of greek yogurt
- Handful of flat leaf parsley (also coriander works too)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180ºc/356ºf.
- Break the cauliflower into small florets. I like to do this by hand rather than with a knife because I find this keeps their shape better.
- Put your oil into a big bowl and add your spices. Mix together.
- Add in the cauliflower and stir to completely coat it in spices. Add salt and pepper.
- Put the cauliflower onto a baking tray and into the oven. Cook for 15 minutes and then check and stir. Cook for another ten minutes or until golden. I like it to have some crispy bits! Remove it from the oven to cool. Taste to check if it needs more salt or pepper.
- Finely chop your raisins and parsley.
- In a small pan, toast your flaked almonds.
- Add some salt and pepper to the yogurt. You can also add a sprinkle of cumin powder and a splash of fresh lemon if you like.
- Place the cauliflower into a serving dish. Add the raisins and then the flaked almonds. Sprinkle with parsley, and then top with the yogurt.