This leek and yoghurt white bean recipe is one of my favourite meals to make throughout the week, it’s super simple and best made in batches.
I shared this in a newsletter a while ago, but a few of you have been asking for it to be put on the website so here it is. It’s so great because you can serve it as a meal on its own, or as a side with steak, lamp or any other protein you like. It’s also delicious cooked in a pan with two eggs cracked over it for a tasty breakfast. The best part is the ingredients are very basic – you probably have most of them in your cupboard already! Here’s how to make it.
- The white part of 2 leeks
- 2 cans of butter beans
- A knob of butter
- 1 cup of stock
- 2 teaspoons of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Slice your leeks into strips.
- Place the leeks into a large fry pan with olive oil, rosemary and butter and cook until soft.
- Rinse the butter beans and then stir them into the leeks.
- Add the stock and simmer until the moisture has reduced.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then add the yogurt, carefully adding a spoonful at the time so it doesn’t split.
- Add salt, pepper and splash with olive oil to serve.
If you’re looking for more recipe ideas like this leek and yoghurt white bean recipe, try one of these: