I’m a bit of a customiser when it comes to the things that I buy – I’m always tweaking them to make them more unique and ‘me’, if you will. Which is why when I got my hands on one of these Customisable Perfume Bottle Clutches I knew it was the perfect base for a fun update (or a few actually). This is clearly one of the most straight forward projects I’ve ever tried my hand at – and the best thing about it is that it’s a removable insert that can be taken in and out depending on your mood. Because why not?
You can also get your hands on the clutch on it’s own here.
- A clutch (I used the perfume bottle one but you can use any clear type)
- A piece of 1mm PVC
Grab the kit (including lots of fun customisation options) here.
1. Cut the lace to the size of the front of the clutch.
2. Cut a corresponding piece of PVC, but making it 2.5 cm (1 in) longer in length on both sides.
3. Put some glue on your PVC.
4. Press the lace down onto the PVC and let it dry overnight.
5. Once the lace has dried onto the PVC, insert the lace and PVC piece into the bag, pressing it up against the front of the bag and wedding the edges of the plc along the frame of the bag so it stays flat.
Voila! Can’t wait to experiment with a few other updates – pearl strap anyone?
Photos by Marion Tessier