In yet another example of my inability to look past Summer and into the next season (reading Elle magazine on the plane recently was devastating – what’s with all the overcoats!? I just wanna see bikinis!), a little while ago I got together with my girl Gemma to create a super simple fresh flower bracelet. This is one of those things that would be perfect for a picnic or any sort of outdoor soiree – as long as you’re not allergic to bees! I which case this would definitely better in a silk flower version.
- Sturdy fresh flowers (we used roses but anything that won’t fall apart too easily would work).
- Florist wire
- lobster clasps and jump rings
1. Cut your flowers so they have about 5cm (2 inches) of stalk, then cut a piece of florists wire. Start wrapping the flowers with wire.
2. Once the first flower is wrapped on, add more flowers along the wire and connect by wrapping.
3. Keep going, measuring as you go along to make sure it is going to fit your wrist.
4. Once it’s the right length, add the lobster clasp and the jump rings.
I can so see this made in some gorgeous burgundy roses – the perfect living accessory.
Thanks Gemma for such a cute idea!