I recently made a pair of multi-colored pom pom anklets and paired them with these amazing Tony Bianco
electric blue suede wedges – talk about festive footwear! The anklets are removable and can be worn with any shoes you like, and can lend a harajuku/mexican fiesta air to an otherwise classic outfit. Although for these pics I decided to pair them with my cobalt J Brand
skinny jeans – because sometimes more is more, right?
– A pair of wedges (these are Tony Bianco ‘Kandi’)
– Velvet ribbon (I used blue to match the shoes)
– Multi coloured pom poms
– Glue gun and glue
1. Cut two equal lengths of velvet ribbon.
2. Choose the pom poms to go on the anklets, I mixed up the colours.
3. Glue the pom poms in a line in the middle of the velvet ribbon.
4. Tie around a jar and let dry so they dry with a rounded shape.
Voila! Once dry, thread the ribbon through the eye of the original anklet and tie the ribbon in a bow at the back of the foot. A little bit fun, and a little bit crazy. But to me that’s exactly what fashion’s supposed to be about. The best part is, you can also wear these anklets as bracelets, they work perfectly!