- 10 sheets of assorted coloured tissue paper.
- A rotary cutter
- 2 m of twine or rope
- Clear sticky tape
- A cutting board
- Take a sheet of tissue paper and fold twice to form a smaller rectangle.
- Orientate the long fold of the rectangle away from you on the cutting board.
- Using the rotary cutter and leaving a centimeter at the top, cut the tissue paper into 1 cm strips.
- Unfold the rectangle and orientate the spine or uncut part of the tissue paper toward you.
- Carefully roll the spine up to form a roll of tassel with fringe on either side.
- Use stickytape to secure the roll.
- Fold the tassel in half to create a single tassel.
- Twist the tassel at the top to create a hole in the top.
- Thread the twine through this hole to attach the tassel to the twine.
- Repeat the steps with the other sheets of tissue paper.
- Arrange the tassels on the twine, using tape to secure.
Make sure you grab your copy of Cosmopolitan magazine (if you happen to be in Australia) to check out my other projects in the DIY spread.