If the Chanel show was anything to go by, this year Spring and Summer are going to be all about pearls. Now I’m going to be honest and say that pearls don’t feature significantly in my wardrobe (other than this), mainly because their often prim and proper vibe doesn’t quite go with my whole super casual work-from-home-wearing-converse thing. But this season pearls seem to have re-invented themselves (kinda like the Stepford wife who dumped her husband and joined a garage band) and are no longer the type you can only wear to the Opera, thanks to Chanel it won’t be long before you’ll see them everywhere adorning clothes, tees, accessories – you name it – perfect for pairing with a casual outfit like boyfriend jeans and a slouchy tee.
If you’re still a little on the fence about pearls, why not dip a toe into the trend by adorning a simple pair of sunglasses with some pearl beads? Read on to see how!
- Black cat eye sunglasses
- Pearl beads
- Strong glue (such as E6000)
- A skewer or match stick
1. Squeeze some glue onto the skewer and then put it onto the underside of the pearl.
2. Press the pearl onto the middle of top edge of the sunglasses. I made sure to face the holes of the beads to the sides so they weren’t obvious.
3. Continue along the whole way to the outer edge.
4. Complete the other side and you’re done!
I love these because they’re a little camp-y and add a touch of ridiculous to a simple outfit.
Thanks Emma for taking the last picture (I always manage to rope my friends into contributing to my website!).