If you know me, you can probably guess that craft parties are my jam – I mean Craft + Party = best thing ever. Throw in a cocktail (or three) and you’ve got my Saturday night! Etsy, the home of vintage, handmade and supplies you can’t find anywhere else, has been holding craft parties worldwide since 2010, and they’ve become a bit of a phenomonon. This year’s theme was ‘paper taking shape’ and so to celebrate Etsy’s amazing weekend of craft parties just gone, we got together to cure your Monday blues with a little positive vibes in the form of some simple paper wall decor. I opted for paper taking shape into your favourite quote, or warning! Enjoy.
DIY Paper Quote Banner
- large black paper card
- printed words in large font (we used arial bold)
- glue stick
- stanley knife (optional)
1. First, make the paper strip that the letters will be stuck to. To do this, on the edge of your paper mark two rows 1.5 cm (0.6″) wide.
2. Cut out your two strips of paper and stick them together to create one long strip of paper
3. Cut around your words to create smaller blocks of paper and then hold your words up against a window with the words facing the light. Trace around the words on the back.
4. Apply glue to the front side of the words and then stick the words onto your paper.
5. Cut out your letters!
6. To remove the centre section of some of the letter, gently fold the letters in half and cut a small slit, from the slit cut out the excess paper. Alternatively, use a stanley knife to cut away the centre section.
7. Once you have cut out all your letters, line them up under your strip of paper.
10. Apply a bit of glue along the top of your back of your letter and stick your letter onto your strip of paper.
This post is in collaboration with Etsy
Photos by Stephanie Teng