Right now, it’s all about the statement shirt. Which is perfect for me (and you), because a simple men’s shirt is the easiest thing to get your hands on – whether it be your Dad’s, brother’s, post man’s or from a local thrift shop. All you need once you’ve got your hands on the shirting goods is a little imagination and a sharp pair go scissors. This isn’t the first time I’ve got creative with a shirt, in fact it’s been something I’ve been experimenting with over and over lately, but in many ways that’s a testament to the adaptability of shirting. Go on, get creative!
DIY Tie Front Top
- A Shirt
- Sewing machine and thread
- Cut or unpick the sleeves from the shirt.
2. Decide how high or low you want to place the sleeves. I put mine around the height of my waist but make sure to put them in the part of your torso you want to cinch in.
3. Pin the sleeves in place at the side seams
4. Sew the sleeve down and voila! If you’ve got a bit of time on your hands you can also do this part easily by hand using needle and thread.
And of course we had to make a few…
If you’re all about shirting, head here and here for more.
Photos by Nicola Lemmon