When I recently refreshed a little corner of our downstairs space, I knew it needed a coffee table to make it comfortable. Looking around and seeing so many spare plant pots at our house, I decided they would make the perfect base!
For this project I used a marble top that I had off a secondhand table I’d been holding onto. If you’re after a nice marble tabletop I suggest checking out classified websites or a secondhand furniture store for tables that need an upcycle. You could also use a wooden top, or get a piece of wood cut to size.
- A large plant pot, this one is 40cm diameter
- Glue, we used Selleys Hold Up
- A marble table top or round piece of wood
This is a very simple project, one that you virtually need no instructions for, but here are a few tips.
- Turn your plant pot over and cover it with glue.
- Take your table top and place it on top, ensuring you locate it in the very centre of your pot so that it is balanced.
- Let the glue dry and then use!