I love a quick and easy upcycle, and this ceramic face plate only took 10 minutes to complete.
I found this plate at my local Vinnies and transformed into a face plate using my tried and tested Trash To Terracotta method. I love how this paint makes anything look like rustic, hand spun beauties. In case you’re interested it’s not food safe – so for now it is purely for decorating but is perfect for displaying jewellery or as a simple centrepiece.
- Paint and baking powder to create DIY Ceramic Effect Chalk Paint. See this blog post here for the full list of instructions.
- Terracotta Paint
- Paintbrushes (a 2cm wide brush for ceramic effect, and a fine tip brush for painting the face)
- Mix the DIY Ceramic Effect Chalk Paint
- Using the 2cm wide brush, paint on the chalk paint. To give the effect of hand spun ceramic, paint in a circle motion making rings from the middle of the plate outwards.
- Let paint dry.
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch a face image on the plate.
- Go over the sketch with terracotta paint with a fine tip paintbrush.
- Finished! So simple and done in less than 10 minutes.