Greetings from NY everyone! Before I head out to face the day I thought I would show you a project I did recently for the relaunch of the Vogue Australia website – a super simple cut out denim shirt. You’d be crazy not to have a go yourself!
A denim shirt
A needle and thread
1. Turn your shirt inside out and use a pen to mark a horizontal line where you want the bottom of your cut out to sit.
2. Using your scissors, start cutting out the fabric, following the seams of the shoulders, button strip and neckline.
3. Once you have cut both sides out, use some sewing pins to roll the edges of the bottom of the cut out over and secure.
4. Using a needle and thread, sew the edge down, doing an invisible stitch on the front and longer stitches on the back.
5. Once complete, iron the edge down.
And voila, you’re finished!