Is it too early to start getting excited about decorations? I hope not! But before we rush headlong into Halloween, Christmas and New Year’s themed pieces (if indeed red, green and gold are your jam), can we take a moment and enjoy some minimalist additions to the home that don’t scream hangovers and mistletoe? This one’s a simple project to master which the pinterest friendly addition of marble paper. Enjoy!
DIY Marble Piñata
- Marble contact paper
1. Create a temple for a triangle which measures 38cm high and 30cm wide. Trace around the template on cardboard to create 6 triangles.
2. Tape 3 triangles together. Fold the 3 triangles together to create a pyramid and seal the edge.
3. Create two of these pyramids.
4. Tie a large knot on the end of the piece of rope and thread it through the top of the pyramid. Secure the top with enough tape so that the knot can’t get through! Then tape the two pyramids together.
5. Use the lines on the back of the marble paper, trace around your triangle template. Reflect your template and trace another triangle to create a diamond shape. Repeat this process so that you have 2 large diamond shapes with seam allowances and one small one without.
6. Draw a line across the top of the diamond shapes top and bottom point and cut along this line. Do this for both shapes.
7. First, remove the adhesive layer on the back of one of your large pieces. Line your diamond shape up with the top of your piñata and stick it down. Smooth over any bumps as you go.
8. At the corner point, cut a small slit.
9. Fold the excess paper over the edges.
10. After you have stuck down both the large pieces, take your small piece and stick it to the last side.
Check out another of our marble projects here.