You guys know how much I’ve been loving a scalloped/wavy detail recently, and I was blown away with how easy it was to add some wave thanks to my wine rack hack. Cue all the waves! I want to add it to everything.
I had a spare plank at home and was thinking of adding a shelf to Bobbie’e room, but wanted to add a little extra detail to make it fun. The wave hack came to mind so I did it! This is a seriously easy one and can be dome in under half an hour. It’s the perfect weekend project. Enjoy!
- One wavy plank from a wine rack (like this project)
- A matching timber plank (cut to match the wavy section)
- Small L brackets
- First, paint the timber plank and the wave detail the same colour. Wait for them to dry.
- Apply superglue to the top edge of the timber plank, and press the wavy plank on top. Leave this to dry.
- Hang the shelf on the wall by screwing or nailing in the L brackets with the horizontal side facing down, and add the shelf on top and screw it onto the bracket from the underside.